Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another Visit To The Dentist.


So you all remember when I was elbowed in the mouth while playing basketball and had to go to the dentist to have my front tooth checked out?  And he convinced me that everything was fine, etc.....blah blah you know the rest.  Well apparently he was WRONG!  After about a 2 weeks I noticed that my tooth was beginning to change color, it wasn't very noticeable at first and I thought I was being paranoid, but when people started telling me that I had something on my teeth I figured it was time for another visit to the dentist.  I returned to his office, Dr. Wotan's office, and had the tooth checked out yet again.  This time he agreed with my presumption about the tooth being dead and without hesitation he proceeded with the root canal.  This was probably the fastest and most painful root canal of my life, simply because it happened so fast and usually I can tell what is being done to my tooth in real time when I am at the dentist back home because I can understand the chatter back and forth between the dentist and their assistant...this tends to put me at ease as I know when to prepare for a drill, needle, etc.  You know the terrible methods dentists use for the upkeep of our teeth).  Well this doctor had no assistant and even if he did I doubt I would be able to understand much of it.  I left the dentist feeling tired and drugged up only to get home and have the pain meds wear off, leaving my mouth throbbing with pain that a simple ibuprofen could not alleviate.  The long and short of it is that what was once thought to be over and done with came back to smack me in the mouth...literally!!

No comments:

Post a Comment