Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Swiss Weekend.


To round out my trifecta of ski trips this winter I took a trip to the Swiss Alpes to a resort called Grindelwald just outside of the capital city of Switzerland, Bern.  The resort was bigger than expected and proved to have plenty of good runs.  I even tried a traditional Swiss dish that included some sort of bratwurst sausage and what looked and tasted like hash browns.  This was all topped off with an onion sauce...sounds worse than it actually is.  The weather stayed nice for us for the majority of the time but we had to call it quits early once because of too much fog.  I got to see a lot of Bern on this trip as well.  I experienced what seems to be an expansive nightlife in the as well as the over the top prices on everything...you can't get a pair on Converse there for less than 90 US dollars!  On the way back home I had a long lay over in Geneva so I got to explore that city as well.  Although I was greeted with a mix of snow and rain so after a few hours I called it quits and retreated to a movie theatre where the only movie that I had time to see was called "Twighlight" about teen vampires or something.  Not a bad movie but not one I would have picked.  My impression of the Alps over th past three weeks has been good but definitely not what I had expected, the slopes can tend to be very repetitive and simple.  And there is a clear lack of black diamond's as most resorts seem to be dominated with middle-of-the-road runs.  But hey I was able to ski in both the French and Swiss Alpes...and for that I am very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment